Something not every FBCer may be aware of is a mission trip to India planned for January 11th – 21st, 2014.
That’s right – myself – along with Craig Bonsall, Ryan Jackson, and Chris Lutman are headed to South India at the first of next year.
Why in the world would we do that?
Well, aside from the fact that Jesus commands all of us to “Go and make disciples of all nations,” let me give you some facts about South Asia (India):
- South Asia contains the greatest concentration of lostness on Earth.
- The IMB has the least number of people working with South Asians compared to all the other peoples of the world.
- There are currently 1,319 people groups in South Asia with no access to the Gospel (called UUPG’s – Unengaged Unreached People Group – they couldn’t hear the Gospel if they wanted to because no one is there to tell them).
- 80% of the people in South Asia are Hindu.
- 1.58 billion South Asians are lost and live in the an area less than half the size of the U.S.
Why go to India? In short, it is currently where the greatest need for the Gospel lies. Untold thousands will die this week having NEVER had the opportunity to hear or respond to the Gospel of Jesus.
Light shines greatest in the darkest places.
Though Team India will be doing several different ministries – a primary reason for going out from FBC is to see if the Lord would have FBC adopt an Unreached Unengaged People Group from that area of the world.
More details will be given in the future, but for now can I ask a favor?
Would you please pray for the four us who are planning to go? Would you ask the Lord to prepare us spiritually for the journey? Would you pray that the Lord God Himself would make it plain how He wants our church to be involved in reducing the darkness in India? Ask Him, please, to show us specifically and precisely and with abundant clarity how He wants us to shine the light of Jesus – not just in January – but in the years to come.
FBC – let’s stay on task until the whole world hears.