How do you know when it’s God speaking?
Confession: I am borrowing the question and answer for today’s post.
A few weeks ago, I officiated a funeral service for a lady who is now with the Lord. I found this question and a list of 10 answers on a piece of paper in her Bible. I don’t know where she got this material – but it is GOLD.
All believers – from time to time – want to know if God is speaking to us and/or leading us to do something. There are times when we feel led of God to do/stop doing something, but can’t find a clear directive in the Bible.
So, how can you know if it is God speaking – or you just ate some bad Mexican food?
Here are 10 ways to know it’s of God:
1. It will be consistent with His Word.
2. It may conflict with human reason.
3. It will probably clash with our fleshly nature.
4. It may challenge our faith.
5. It may call for courage.
6. It will require consideration of others.
7. It may require patience.
8. It will require consideration of consequences.
9. It will ultimately produce spiritual growth.
10. It will ultimately yield peace that passes all human understanding.
Told you so – GOLD. Great counsel here. Wondering if what you are hearing or being led to do is of God? Use the checklist here. You’ll be glad you did.