Today I want to ‘Throw Something Out There!’ the entire church needs to know about.
It is something we have prayed would happen.
It is something we have been longing to see.
It is something that is happening – by God’s good grace to us – and I pray we continue to see happen for many years to come.
It’s a move of the Spirit of God among our teenagers.
How do I know that?
I dare you to walk in the ‘2Fifty2’ building on a Wednesday night anytime between 7-8 PM. Not only will you see over a hundred students, but you will see them authentically worshipping Jesus through music AND through the teaching of the Word. I’m not kidding. I saw it with my own eyes last night. Not only were they singing loud about and to Jesus, but they were locked in to Brady as he taught them from the Sermon on the Mount.
But get this – our recent Reality Check weekend saw students from all over El Do be challenged and changed, while several unchurched families came to worship that Sunday morning.
Still need more evidence of a move of God? Teenage boys – BOYS – are meeting on their own initiative, by themselves at the ‘2Fifty2′ building, to study the Word and hold each other accountable. Yeah, girls are too – but guys – that’s sayin’ something. What could be better for the future state of manhood in our society than for teenage guys to be getting together – on their own volition – to study the Word? Boom.
This is not to mention the fact that we have seen several teenagers baptized in recent weeks. Others are joining FBC – some with, and some without, mom and dad. Seriously – they are. Go check out the ‘New Members’ board outside the sanctuary. Teenagers are peppered throughout the pictures.
Eager to join God in where He is working? Have I got some recommendations for you!
- Find, call, or message Brady and ask him how you can help.
- Pray for Brady and the adult volunteers who help week in and week out.
- Pray for the Spirit of God to do far more than we could ever ask, imagine, or think in the lives of our teenagers.
- Give a huge chunk of change to renovate the ‘2Fifty2’ building. [Okay, so I know I kind of ‘snuck’ this in here, but it’s a real need. And, hey, it’s my blog and ‘Throw It Out There Thursday!” The students are currently operating with a practically non-functioning sound system; stage lights that don’t work; 1 screen on one half of the platform that is often out of focus and off kilter – yes, the other screen is unusable; outdated television screens; and basically everything else that could be declared “I AM FROM THE 1980’s!!!!!” In short – it desperately needs a facelift . . . especially since we are packing out the joint weekly.]
- Cook a meal for the students on a Wednesday night.
- And, oh yeah, pray for Jesus to come back before my kids are teenagers!
Seriously – God is doing a work in the lives of many of our teenagers. I couldn’t be more excited.
What have you seen God do among our students? “Throw It Back At Me!” because it’s “Throw It Out There Thursday!”
Really, what are other things you have heard or noticed that is evidence of God moving?